Thursday, July 3, 2014

Summer Solstice



So I wanted to hang out and watch the sun set for the solstice but I kind of forgot and got engrossed in something on netflix. You can't really see it from our house anyways, and it was just Bufford and I hanging out. I did put forth an effort to catch some lightning bugs and put them in a jar while Boof watched curiously from the porch. I felt like such a kid, in the best meaning of the phrase. It was so light and fun and carefree to run around the yard and grab them all. They're the only bugs I am not afraid of, they could not possibly bare any ill will, so we have a mutual trust. It was about impossible to get a photo of them glowing. They were all pretty miffed with me stuffing them into a jar and refused to light up, so I let them go right away.
I hope you're enjoying your summer so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment