Sunday, August 9, 2015

Charlavail, Madi, and the Happiest Camper!

The first weekend in August, I was lucky enough to accompany Vail and Madi on their journey to craft and camp across America! They stopped in Cincinnati at a campground I had no idea existed, so I decided to gather my courage and go. Twenty nervous outfit changes later, I had my bag packed and I was ready to go meet them. I'm a very socially anxious person, and I'd usually rather avoid it and stay home, but I know I need to become a stronger person and make more friends so I pushed myself to take the opportunity. I was so happy I did, I had such a wonderful time! I met so many kind people and had a lot of great conversations. We tie dyed things, doodled, roasted veggies, and made s'mores(Vegan s'mores, hello I am a changed woman and can never go back)!
I went home that night and after thrifting with my Mom, met up with them again at Ault park where even more people had gathered to embroider beautiful designs Vail had made up for everyone. It was so peaceful and calming to sit in the shade with a bunch of nice people all flowing positive vibes into the atmosphere. I made even more friends, and met up with the same ones from the night before.
It was truly a wonderful experience, and I am so grateful that they stopped in my city. Vail's dogs Melon and Bear were super adorable, the happy camper full of crafts was lovely, the project is inspiring, and Madi and Vail are so kind. If they're stopping in your city I encourage you to meet them, you'll have a great time. You can find more information here!

The Happiest Camper in action!

Delicious vegan cookies brought by Taylor.

A gift for Vail from Taylor.

Happy Melon :)

Taylor and I in instax snapshots!

Lowkey obsessed with Melon and Bear...

A beautiful sunset.

S'more time!

Panorama of the park meet up!



I arrived late and got a good start but I still need to finish. Positive Vibes forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment