Saturday, August 8, 2015

Meeting Internet friends IRL

Chances are if you're a millennial and reading this, you have a few friends who exist strictly in the realm of the world wide web. Internet friends are a wonderful people you can spill your heart too without fear of judgement or bias, and are always there when you need them(especially when you're a teenager in Alaska stranded at your house 85% of the time). They're technically the strangers your parents warn you not to talk to, but you do it anyway because you've got your wits about you and you can tell who's a creep and who's a real gal your age.
In 2006 I was logging into a My Chemical Romance based forum to talk to fellow fans about anything the band was up to, and build friendships with strangers. Two of which named Victoria and Michelle stuck around like glue and transcended from the board, to all my other planes of social media. We would chat daily on msn, and I'd spill my guts to them about boys and other pains of youth. As we've gotten older, I've gotten bad at keeping in touch, but we still remained pretty close. In July, they planned a trip to come and stay with me for a week! I wasn't able to take a full week off of work unfortunately, but we made the best of it and had an absolute blast. Here's some of the photos of our time together.


Victoria arrived first because Michelle's flight got delayed due to storms earlier in the day. So we went out for burritos!

Delicious Mexican food!

We went down to Kentucky to explore the Red River Gorge.










Riding the sky lift was pretty friggin terrifying.

Victoria took this picture of me and we were expecting it to blow up and be internet famous haha!
We had such a great time, and I'm so grateful that the traveled all that way just to see me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment