Friday, June 27, 2014

Meet Scarlett!

This winter was pretty much a thing of nightmares. It seemed like anything that could go wrong did. One of those things was my car breaking down twice, getting a flat tire, then dying for good all-together. Don't even get me started on that awful car we got off Craig's list... since then its been me struggling to save every bit I could(when I say struggling I mean I am temtped to buy things almost daily. I am a material girl living in a material world). I was scared to get something from Craig's List again and saving was taking so long and I needed wheels!
Well one day I was watching a bunch of music videos on youtube(thank you Fall Out Boy and Katy Perry), and I kept seeing this ad on the bottom for King's Mazda. I remembered Jared almost got a car there, and got curious to see if they had any used cars listed. After speaking with my Dad about what I should be looking for a few times I narrowed my search on their website and found the perfect Toyota. I rushed over the next day after work- but it had sold.
I was feeling a little discouraged because I was sure that car was the one, but one of my coworkers reassured me that it just meant something even better would come along. Oh boy, he sure was right about that!


A week later little Scarlett popped up. She's a '95 Toyota Camry, and she had about 99k miles on her(that's insane!! Less than 5k miles a year, I've had her 3 weeks and I'm almost at 1k). She got fixed up with a bunch of new parts, and she rides like a dream. I keep telling everyone how comfortable she is, because my butt always hurts if I drive too long in Jared's car, but that's not the case with mine!
I love her so much, and the guy who sold it to me was so helpful! My Dad said "it'll keep going even after you don't want it anymore" or something like that, haha. I've been driving all over the place, just because I can, and there's still a bunch of places I need to stop by too!


No comments:

Post a Comment