Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What I Wore - Feelin' Foxy.

Boof always gets curious as to what I'm up to when I set up the automatic timer, and run to my position haha.










Please excuse the Boof hair, it invades everything in my life.


Cardigan - Thrifted
Shirt - Consignment shop in Colombus (rag-o-rama)
Broach - ^
Jeans - Hollister
Shoes - Ebay!

I bought those shoes in the spring and I've hardly worn them! Probably because the only thing that matches is this cardigan, and it hasn't really been sweater weather until now. But I loooove them! I really love needle-point stuff, not sure why. I like this outfit though, its very simple, which probably draws attention to the shoes.

I've been sitting around the house a lot because my car broke down :( My alternator went out (on the highway mind you. My car turned off 5 times, it was terrifying.) and the new one is waiting at the auto-part store, however, we don't have the tools to remove on install them, so I've been waiting patiently as I can. Its probably better, I'm saving money this way, haha.

So, since I've been home-bound, I've indulged in some self care. Brushed and straightened my hair (Which is driving me nuts. I'm about to cut it all off, its so fried. It dreads and tangles every night. I mostly keep it up in a bun.), did my finger and toenails, and I started reading again! 

That's always on my self improvement list. I used to read all the time when I was younger. Especially because my parents only let me on the computer for 2 hours a day. When I turned 18 I was granted unrestricted access to the internet, and I've been glued to my laptop ever since. I really miss reading and how it made me feel. 

I bought a lot of books over the summer to encourage myself, but it didn't work out to well. I read about 1 out of 10, haha. For some reason this morning, when I woke up, I wanted to read. So I picked up The Notebook. Oh man. That movie. I still remember the first time I watched it. It was at my best friend Christal's house. I'd heard of it, but was never interested, seemed to sappy and I was hell-bent on acting more tough than I was.

I was SOBBING at the end. I'd never cried that hard over a movie. Yet I was simultaneously cracking up because Christal and her mom were just looking at me with this expression like they had no idea how to console me or if they should, because it was just a movie! So I probably looked even more like a maniac, balling and laughing. But it hit really close to home because the whole story line was mirroring my life and it was really weird and wonderful. I'm a REALLY big romantic. Like, huge. I love love.

The book is great so far. In just an hour and a half I got about halfway through the book! I'm gobbling it up like candy. Hopefully this leads to more reading :) What are some good books you've read lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment