Monday, March 21, 2016

How I got a new phone - The trauma behind the rosegold

It's been a while since I've written/updated! I've not had internet for FIVE MONTHS can you believe that?! It's been a struggle, updating from work or my parent's, but as of yesterday I am now online again. So you wouldn't know unless you've talked to me in real life that I fell off my bike a couple of weeks ago! More Steve was pulling me like a small freight train and I wasn't paying close enough attention and hit a small piece of tree shrapnel that sent me off kilter and suddenly I was airborn, then slamming onto my hipbone with the thought of "oh that's it, I've broken my hip! I definitely broke my hip! It's broken". Spoiler- didn't break my hip, but I did have some nasty scrapes to clean up, and a shattered iphone 4s. As I pulled to the side of the road(not even a block from my damn house), Steve fretted over me hurting more than helping as he tried to lick me and then sit on my lap. The mailman who happened to bare witness to the no doubt stupid looking chain of events worriedly asked me about 4 or 5 times if I was alright as I tried to get the wind back in my lungs and assess if I really was okay. I was just a little upset and in a lot of pain. A crunch from the sight of the fall caught my attention and I realized a car driving by had run over my sunglasses which had evidently fallen off my head. Perfect.
Being the badass I am, I picked myself up and walked Steve, my bike and I home and bandaged my wounds. The hip gash being so large my Lisa Frank bandages were useless, so I taped a panty liner over it. I was a hot mess. But guess what, I got back on that bike and we rode for about an hour afterwards!
Well this story leads me to the point of this post, which is to show off my new phone!! Which was long overdue, and in desperate need after my old phone bit the pavement. Unfortunately I didn't have a case on the old one so the screen cracked, but still worked long enough to finish off the pay period. I'd been lusting after the rosegold 6s since I saw it's introduction when I worked at the wine company and had nothing better to do than surf the web for hours at a time. With this years tax return glory, I was able to finally call it mine! And check out that adorable phone case I picked up from Tilly's. Probably should get something more tough, but I'm extra careful with it now because I love it so much. Okay, here's a few more gratuitous photos of my new gadget.



No comments:

Post a Comment