Wednesday, August 27, 2014

DIY Repurposed Terrarium

Jared had his quarterly week off, and agreed to go thrifting with me. We went to my new favorite huge one, and we found some great stuff! One of my best finds being this little glass terrarium I instantly saw potential in. It was dusty, old, fully of old rotten flowers, and a little fake bird. I snatched it up with full intentions of transforming it.

Here's the horrifying beginnings. I scooped all that out and washed it up. Then we went for a walk in the woods and collected goodies.


Added some pebbles on the bottom for water runoff. Then...

Tah-Dah!! It turned out even better than I had hoped. I love it so much :)






I'm pretty thrilled about it, Jared carefully scooped the mushrooms of of some decaying trees, and I gathered the moss. I hope it lives a long and happy little life in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment