Saturday, January 9, 2016

35mm Black and White Dogs

A long time ago I picked up a Minolta camera from a thrift store, just because I liked the vintage strap. Little did I know that I’d fall in love with it, and end up using it for a photography class later. I let it collect dust for two or three years though because the battery died, but last month I finally remembered to pick one up from Dodd Camera and I was back in business. Oh how I love this camera, I don’t know why I didn’t get a battery sooner! I had film left over in it from said photography class so I didn’t know how it would turn out because it was most likely expired film. I took it out shooting for a family excursion when Sonny came home!
Sonny is Charmin(the family dog)’s son! Mom “pimped him out” as she likes to say haha, and found him a nice lady lab on the internet. One thing led to another of course and just in time for the christmas season a litter was born! Mom opted for pick of the litter of course, because Charmin is such a wonderful dog they wanted his next of kin, and Sonny(named because he is Charmin’s son, and his color is sunny) was the lucky guy.
It was one of those nice sunny warm December days, and we all went for a walk out on my uncle’s land which is basically in the middle of nowhere. I brought my camera along and quickly powered though the whole reel. 
These are my favorite shots:











No comments:

Post a Comment